We began by carrying out an optimisation audit which covered technical and on-page SEO, as well as a full channel analysis of performance. Based on these findings, and Umberto Giannini’s online objectives, we created a tailored strategy that incorporated activity including SEO, paid advertising, email marketing and social media.?
To increase SEO visibility we got to work on the following:
- Analysing keyword trends throughout the year to determine what users search for on a seasonal basis
- Content audit followed by copywriting – creating new landing pages targeting each collection, as well as implementing a tailored blog strategy
- Cleaning up technical issues and improving site spee
- Redirecting old product URLs to relevant pages
We identified the need to drive increased relevant traffic to their social media profiles and grow engagement through:
- Highly targeted Facebook/Instagram ads to build following to Umberto Giannini’s Facebook page
- Targeted ads and boosted posts that focused on sales through the website
- Influencer outreach and promotions using bloggers and Instagrammers for product placement
PPC appeared to only be driving converting traffic through brand terms. This spend was not being utilised effectively as there was little brand competition – meaning spend was cannibalising SEO efforts from users who would have found the site regardless.
We added all of their products into a Google feed and split test the products which were converting, using custom labels to optimise this further. We also split test campaigns around best selling products to find out which ones generated a strong CPA whilst still targeting an audience that were searching more generically.
This has led to a huge 78% increase in PPC revenue!
THE RESULTS IN JUST 4 MONTHS:
Increase in SEO Traffic
Increase In PPC Traffic
Increase In Social Media Traffic
Increase In SEO Revenue
Increase in PPC Revenue
Increase in Social Media Revenue